[WriteLog] Possible Free Program for LPT access with NT, XP, and Win2000

Matthew Burke dallasdawg@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:47:04 -0500

Hello all,

Looking around at some free logging software on Eham, I ran into a link to a free wrapper program that may provide the ability for Writelog to access the LPT port in the NT based OSes.  From reading the readme and looking at some of the code, it may work.  Below is the link:

http://diskdude.cjb.net/

Go down to the Completed Projects section.  Click on C++ Builder Components.  Click on TDLPortIO v1.2: DriverLINX Win95/98/NT kernel mode driver wrapper to dowload the program.

I do not run Writelog on an NT based box, thus I do not have a way to test this.  So, if one of you out there running NT, XP, or win2000 could give this a try, please report back here your findings.

Hope this will work.

73,

Matt Burke - N5KR