[WriteLog] Rittyrite with KAM+

Bruce B. Sawyer zf2nt@candw.ky
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 11:22:41 -0500

Thanks to  the many people who replied to my query yesterday...more than I
can answer individually.  Most people started off with "I've never used it
with a KAM+, but..." and then went on to mention all the obvious things.  I
am seriously beginning to wonder if RTTYrite can talk to a KAM+ under
Windows ME at all.  Maybe in some other version of windows, but I don't know
about this one.

I've now dug up a dumb terminal emulator and am using it to talk to the TNC.
No, the TNC is not in HOST mode; it works fine with my terminal emulator
when I give it commands directly from the keyboard.  Clearly the cables, the
ports, etc., are working fine.  I've got Writelog open, and am using it to
log the contacts manually, so what I seem to have bought for my $75 is
Windows Notepad with rig control.  Not very impressive.  I've gone through
all the terminal baud rates on the TNC, setting it to a particular value on
the TNC with my terminal emulater, exiting the emulator, setting
Writelog.ini to match, then trying it out.  No go at any baud rate.

So I have to wonder:  is there anybody who has actually seen RTTYrite
working under Windows ME with a KAM+?

73,
Bruce, ZF2NT