[WriteLog] Touchpad, Mouse, or Trackball?

Joe Dubeck joed@voyager.net
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 22:35:59 -0600

Byron-

Good question.  I had never before thought of that since it has always worked.

The beams that handle the 1500 watts (10 - 40 meters) are at 121' and 135'
high on a tower about 250' from the shack and mouse.    I also have 125
watts on 220 80' up on same tower.

I have another antenna.about 25 feet away and up 20 feet but that never
sees over 100 watts . . . on 10 - 30 meters.

Finally I was testing a poorly tuned walk-about antenna QRP at 3 watts with
that antenna about two feet away.  I mention this because that QRP setup
will ring a GE telephone 4 feet away but it didn't effect the mouse.

I don't know what frequency the mouse uses but I just ran 5 watts on an
HT,  2 meters, with the rubber duck 4" from the mouse receiver with no
effect.  Then I tried the same thing on 440 and temporarily, the trackball
wouldn't move the cursor until I moved the rubber duck out to around six
inches away from the mouse receiver.  That had to be an extreme case of
front end overload.