[WriteLog] mouse_wheel_hz and writelog.ini

Jerry Flanders jflanders2@home.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:41:36 -0500

At 01:39 PM 12/30/2001 +0000, Clive Whelan wrote:
>The reprogramming is limited. Basically any of the built in hot keys, plus
>those assigned to the standard F keys via the F lock button, can be
>reassigned
>to any of the other hot key functions. To take a silly example you could make
>the copy hot key execute cut instead, and make the cut key the copy key!

The "hot" keys are which - the 8-10 extra keys around the periphery of the
keyboard?

You cannot create a new definition of a key, then? For instance, on a fully
programmable keyboard I used until recently, I programmed one of the extra
keys to change focus to the befinning of the callsign field in the logging
window by having that key "memorize" the several alt-key steps required to
get there. If your keys can only substitute for other pre-defined keys,
that won't work with this keyboard, right?

>In most cases you may also launch any other executable file by typing the
>path
>in a dialogue box. This has some intriguing possibilities , which I haven't
>got my head around yet. It was this that made me think that possibly the
>writelog.ini file could be hacked on the fly, but in view of the lack of

Could you program one of your extra keys to bring up the Writelog
type-ahead keyboard (the alt-K function)? If you are free to "type in" such
key strings as this instead of a program path, that gives this keyboard a
lot more flexibility. This might let it do the focus shift I mentioned above.

I gave up my old fully programmable keyboard only because I set up 2
computers to play with SO2R and felt that I needed two identical keyboards
with this setup. There is a keyboard redefinition program out there
somewhere but I haven't tried it yet.

Jerry W4UK