[WriteLog] Creative Labs Audio PCI 128-bit PCI Sound Card - only $17

Jerry Pixton jpixton@shentel.net
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 13:53:36 +0000

ric,

The PCI128 really is less sensitive than the PCI16. I could not record my
voice wave files with adequate volume and due to having only one mixer,
everything you do on the input side effects the output also.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 02:43 AM 2/1/01 , you wrote:

>I just put one into a new WIn2K machine that I built up for the shack.  It
>seems to be working OK with TrueTTY, Spectrogram, Stream and DigiPan, but I
>haven't tried it specifically with WriteLog yet.
>
>A couple of things to note.
>
>(1) The PCI128 has two LINE outputs, but no speaker outputs, so you will
>have to use amplified speakers.  I had a set of amplified speakers, but they
>were low-Z and swamped the output of the PCI128.
>
>(2) I fed the PCI128 from the "Audio Out" jack of the FT-920.  This is
>essentially a LINE out with a max of 100mV.  The PC128 seem less sensitive
>than my old PCI16.  However since I tore everything down to make all the
>changes there maybe a miswire somewhere causing the problem.
>
>73s,
>-ricK7log

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
http://www.pixos.com/designs/