[WriteLog] AFSK/FSK

Terry Dunlap kk6t@joneslumber.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:59:19 -0800

Still fighting the changeover from AFSK to FSK.

My rig is a FT-990.  I'm using the W1WEF FSK/PTT/CW interface and I've wired
the cable to connect it to the RTTY/FSK DIN plug on the Yaesu.

The rig keys up and everything looks okay but I'm apparently not putting out
any signal because I can't get anyone to respond to me when I answer their CQ.
I don't have the ability to monitor my transmitted signal to tell if I'm
producing the tones.

Anyone using a FT-990 or 1000?  Does the standard FSK interface work okay with
the Yaesu?  Can I hook up a scope or meter to the W1WEF interface to rule out
any problems with it?  I've double and triple checked my wiring so I don't
think
that is the problem.

Sure would like to get this fixed before this weekend's contest.

73 de Terry KK6T