[WriteLog] WPX Pfx question

jcullum jcullum@micron.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:35:38 -0700

Seems clear from the rules (http://www.rttyjournal.com/rules/wpx.html) that
you are required to send an authorized prefix from the district that you are
operating from.  So signing KL9A/W7 or KL9A/WV7 would be acceptable (and
required).

Excerpt from rules:

American DX (KL7, KH6, KP2, KH3, etc.) operating within the 48 states must
sign with a full designator of their choice. KH6XXX operating from Ohio must
use an authorized prefix for the U.S. 8th district (W8, K8, etc.) United
States portable stations are not permitted to select a portable prefix
designation

Jim/K7MK
-----Original Message-----
From: David Martin [mailto:wl7ky@gci.net]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 5:02 PM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WPX Pfx question

Hi All,
I just need to be sure about something.  My call is KL9A, and that is
an Alaskan call. I am in Idaho, so according to the rules of WPX RTTY I
CAN be KL9A/WV7 or whatever?  I am fairly sure that is right... but
would hate to get DQ'd. :)
I'll be on for an hour or 2 before or after the CW Sprint on saturday.
Thanks
-Chris KL9A/W7 (W7UQ op, University of Idaho)
http://www.qsl.net/kl9a
kl9a@qsl.net