[WriteLog] WPX Pfx question

Jay Townsend ws7i@ewarg.org
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 02:57:41 +0000

At 04:02 PM 2/5/01 -0800, David Martin wrote:

>Hi All,
>I just need to be sure about something.  My call is KL9A, and that is
>an Alaskan call. I am in Idaho, so according to the rules of WPX RTTY I
>CAN be KL9A/WV7 or whatever?  I am fairly sure that is right... but
>would hate to get DQ'd. :)
>I'll be on for an hour or 2 before or after the CW Sprint on saturday.
>Thanks
>-Chris KL9A/W7 (W7UQ op, University of Idaho)

Hi Chris,

>From the rules, "American DX (KL7, KH6, KP2, KH3, etc.) operating within
the 48 states must sign with a full designator of their choice. KH6XXX
operating from Ohio must use an authorized prefix for the U.S. 8th district."

In other words you can use KL9A/WV7 but that's not rare as WV7Y is just 80
miles north of you in Spokane.

What can't occur is WS7I/KY5.

See the rules yourself at:  http://www.rttyjournal.com

73 Jay WS7I