[WriteLog] Network Computer Settings

Turner, Robert D. Jr Robert.Turner@ibx.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 06:19:03 -0500

I see you got it working in another mail.  Great!

If you are up for some additional experimentation, you should be able to get
your setup working without NETBEUI.  Running additional protocols degrades
performance.  On an lightly used network you might not notice though.  IP
can be used as the only protocol.  You might try removing NETBEUI and see if
it still works.  On the other hand, since you have got it working perhaps
you should leave it alone.

If you do try this, I suggest you try it on your least used computer.  That
way any impact from the downtime will be minimal.  Take notes and be sure
you know how to put it back the way it was.  Reboot prior to testing.

73
Bob
N2SCJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Major Ron [mailto:majrabsr@rconnect.com]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 8:38 PM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Network Computer Settings

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions so far, but it still DOES NOT work!

OS is WIN98SE. TCP/IP and NETBUI are enabled. 'Client  for MS networks' and
'File and Printer Sharing for MS networks' are set up.

File and print sharing are enabled. All settings are the same for all 4
computers.

I installed another PCI network card (3com) and results are the same.

Running coax between all machines. Terminators are in place. I have switched
physical location of the machines in the run of coax. No difference.

Guys, I AM BUFFALOED!

Ron, KA9ALC