[WriteLog] Omni 6 rig control with Writelog

Ed Sleight k4sb@mindspring.com
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 04:02:11 +0000

Carter Grabarczyk wrote:

> I am finally getting around to trying Writelog rig control of my Omni 6+
> and I have a few questions.
>
> 1) I have two DB9 com ports on the back of my computer. Com 2 is used
> for the TNC; I plan on using com 1 for the Omni. However, the internal
> modem uses com 3. I am NOT planning on using/accessing the modem while
> using Writelog. Will I be able to use com 1 for rig control without any
> conflicts?

Go into settings and click on the modem icon. Then "more info". With the
setup you have, your modem is probably using an IRQ other than 3 or 4.
If it is now, then click on the "disable in this profile".

> 2) Must I go into the port section of Writelog.ini and make any changes?
> (When I connected the KAM TNC, I recall having to change the default
> writelog.ini entry for com 2 of "9600, N,8,1,x" to "4800, N,8,1,"). Will
> I have to change the speed and remove the "x" for the Omni on com 1?

The TNC settings for Hbaud must match the comm port settings, and WL.ini

The Omni has a setting you can vary for speed control. Get out the
manual and go into it to find out what's there. If radio control has
been working, skip it.
> 3) On the Omni set-up menu, what speed should I choose?
>
> 4) In "settings-control panel-system-com ports", it appears that there
> is a default speed of 9600 for each com port. Will I have to change this
> default?

You must make these agree with the TNC and Radio settings.

73
Ed