[WriteLog] Server busy message

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd@writelog.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 02:56:49 -0000

When running RTTY, WriteLog has two programs running, one for
the main log and the other for RTTY. Your description makes it
sound like the main log program (writel32.exe) has locked up.

I will understand if you don't believe me, but it is just
about impossible for WriteLog to lock up by itself. Only
the Windows system and device drivers can do that.
Often such a problem comes from a COMM port driver for
an add-in COMM port board. The motherboard COMM ports on
just about all machines of the past 10 years or so are
almost never a problem. Before you "chuck this program"
you might try running with no rig control for a while.

The lost QSOs you report should never happen. WL journals
all QSOs to disk as they are logged, and knows how to
recover them when restarted. It is possible, I suppose,
that the journalling fails under certain circumstances,
but, except for a few angry posts on this reflector
that I cannot verify, I have never seen any evidence
that WL loses QSOs on crashes.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Wayne, W5XD