[WriteLog] What a programm

Nick Lekic va3na@rac.ca
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:41:41 -0500

According to the Writelog pdf help file, there is a line which could be placed
into Writelog.ini file:

Set AutoSaveCount to the number of QSOs allowed between automatically saving
the log.
Set this to -1 and WriteLog will not autosave. If you make no entry here,
WriteLog will auto-save
after every 100 QSOs.
AutoSaveCount= -1

Every application can crash, so can Writelog.  But if it crashes it should
recover the qsos from the journal file.    Version 10.23 uses ADIF format as a
journal file but earlier versions used .TQS file.

I was just testing my Writelog (10.23) few days ago when it crashed, but after
restart , it didn't prompt me to recover files from the journal file and all
the qsos I had logged since last startup were gone.   I didn't have
AutoSaveCount line in my Writelog file and I didn't made more than 100 qsos so
I guess they weren't saved on the disk.   No problem,  but what happened to the
journal file????    Did anyone else had this problem or was it only my setup
that went wrong?

I agree that Writelog has more tools than CT, but primary objective for every
logging program is to safely handle the data.  If you loose qsos how good are
all the tools to you?

73, Nick
va3na