[WriteLog] Radio Tuning

Richard Thorne rthorne@tcac.net
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 06:15:25 -0600

Thanks for the info Bill:

I solved my problem in a different way.

Wayne added an interface for the Kachina 505dsp which I've been needing for a
long time.  The problem was that with WL and the Kachina software running at the
same time, only one window was active at a time. I was hoping there was an
effective way of tuning the 505dsp with WL.  Having two active windows would be
a pain for search and pounce and still a bit of a pain for running stations.
For example, search and pouncing...

    - Click on the 505dsp window and tune the rig.
    - Find a station to work
    - Click on the WL window and enter the callsign
    - Click on the 505dsp window and start tuning again
    - etc etc etc

Solution:

I installed the 505dsp/dialer software on my laptop which is on my home
network.  I mapped the laptop c: drive on my main pc and told WL that the file
interface resided on my laptop harddrive.  Now I have two active windows.  I can
constantly control the 550dsp with the laptop while having my cursor ready to go
in the call entery field in WL.

Working great.

Now I'm working on tracking down a cheap laptop for a second 505dsp.  I'm now
going to be able to do some two radio contesting with a pair of great readios.