[WriteLog] And the survey said?

Eddie Schneider edlyn@california.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:57:12 -0800

Gordon Bennett, (see  http://www.londonslang.com/db/introduction for
an explanation), where are the majority of you reading the 2001 RTTY
WPX rules from?

They are posted in QST, CQ magazine, The New RTTY Journal or
viewable
under Contests at http://www.rttyjournal or
http://www/sk3bg.se/contest/indx.htm

Ignore the "rules" at http://home.sol.no/~janalme/main.html
Despite two attempts to have the web meister correct them, they are
still not right.

Why am I getting *so* many non Cabrillo formatted files?
Writelog, RTTY by WF1B, MMTTY, RCKrtty and OH2GI's Ham system
logging software all have Cabrillo converters!
Why are the logs being sent direct to me instead of wpxrtty@kkn.net
?
You'll get a confirmation of receipt number from the robot but not
from me!
Why are we changing the Cabrillo Header field's input data and
adding non contest related info?
Why don't we fill in the Claimed Score field?  RTTY by WF1B users
consult the code writer regarding the absence of this field.
Why don't we open the log we are about to submit and see if it meets
the rule requirements before sending it?
Why are M2 logs not identifying which transmitter made which Q?
Why am I getting snail mail paper logs with more than 200 Qs logged?
Why am I doing the log checking for RU,WPX and WW? Probably because
I'm nuts :-)

So, in the hope of reducing my grey hair content and not having to
write so many 'nasty grams', could you please read the rules
carefully, check your logs for compliance and then send them to the
appropriate address.

Final submission date is Tuesday 13th MArch 2001.

Tnx, gracias, grazie, danke and ta ever so much.

Eddie W6/G0AZT