[WriteLog] 2-way satellite ISP info on my web site now

The Irvine's ve9wh@nbnet.nb.ca
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 06:53:25 -0400

Hi John

They are starting Satellite Internet up here in the next month or so. The 60
dollars seems rather expensive though, that is $90. Canadian. The service
will be available here for $39.95 month.  I have had ADSL for 2 years now
and will probably stay with it..

Nice page and very interesting.

Jim VE9WH / VE9TTY
http://ve9wh.weblink.nbtel.net/dxclusters.html
DX Cluster Telnet sites

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-writelog@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-writelog@contesting.com]On Behalf Of WA9ALS - John
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 2:10 AM
To: dx4win@qth.net; Writelog@contesting.com; Rtty reflector
Subject: [WriteLog] 2-way satellite ISP info on my web site now

My earlier post generated a lot of questions!  I've put together a web
page with photos and a brief explanation of my experience getting the
StarBand 2-way satellite Internet connection going at my rural location.
The link is http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/starband.htm

Again, SRI BANDWIDTH - But I haven't seen anyone mention this, and I
think it can enhance the RTTY, general CONTESTING, and LOGGING
experience of some in remote areas where cable modems and 56K phone
lines are not available.  Feel free to ask further questions PRIVATELY,
but most of what I know about it so far is on the web pages.  73
John - WA9ALS - VP5RY - VP5/WA9ALS

VP5 photos:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/vp5photos.htm
     email:  wa9als@qsl.net
  homepage:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als (NEW - DX Telnet Setup page!)