[WriteLog] SO2R Problems

Marty Tippin martyt@pobox.com
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:51:29 -0600

Problems noted in first effort at SO2R - using v10.22B

* SEQ field is all screwed up - skips numbers, logs same number twice, logs
numbers out of sequence (i.e. 2 then 1). Good thing we don't have to send a
serial number for this contest... I thought all the serial number problems
were fixed??

* Using WinRTTY on one radio and DXP-38 on the other. Any time I'm
transmitting on the WinRTTY window, if I click on the other window to grab
some incoming info, characters are no longer sent in the WinRTTY window -
but the TX stays on until it thinks all characters are sent. This is not good.

* Output from WinRTTY window to rig lags about 3 seconds behind the display
- in other words, I have to watch the rig to see when it's done
transmitting, rather than relying on the WinRTTY display to give me that
indication. Quite distracting.

* Nobody seems able to hear my puny signal (not sure if this is a WriteLog
problem or not ;-)

73,

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com