FWD: Re: [WriteLog] Is WL+IC706MKIIG+W5XD Multi+ working for you?

Jim Idelson k1ir@designet.com
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 16:15:09 -0500

Mike,

You asked the right question. With help from KV1W and K1NU, I determined that
the power running the CI-V interface cable [K1NU's fantastic cable product]
uses power from pin 4 of a standard RS232 port [DTR, I believe]. The output
RS232 from W5XD Keyer to the radio does not pass this signal through, so there
is no power for the interface cable. I jumpered +5v to pin 4 on the W5XD board
and the problem is solved.

Thanks!

Jim K1IR