[WriteLog] No CW or Stereo available

Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:21:59 +0100

Hi,

Thanks to Randy for giving me the right answer for half of the question.
It's really so, when WL is set to Soundboard FSK it disables the PSK and the
CW modes.

Doing this with PSK I can understand but the CW can't. FSK and CW seems
equivalent to me in this sense. In both cases the SW generates only the
signal, which keys the modulator and does not produce modulating audio
itself.

The other half of the question is still valid: Why are the Stereo sound
board options are disabled (grayed out) ?

I tested it on my both notebooks and got the same (IBM Thinkpad w/ W98,
Maestro soundboard and Compaq Armada E500 w/ W95 and SB sound board). The
soundboard check utility qualifies both with the highest possible score.

73 de Zoli HA1AG