[WriteLog] LCD Monitors (OT)

W6FFH@aol.com W6FFH@aol.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:21:34 EST

In a message dated 1/8/2001 10:56:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tmwebb@ionet.net writes:

> I need to tap the collective wisdom out there!  I'm in the market for an
LCD
>  monitor (15 inch).  Yes, I know they're not cheap and that is the basis
for
> my
>  inquiry as I want to purchase wisely.  Any particular brands to consider,
or

>  stay away from?  Any models that merit interest, or should be ignored?
>
>  I now await the flood of thoughtful input.

I got a ViewSonic 15 inch LCD monitor from Office Depot here in CA about
8 months ago. I like it a lot, easier to see for my old eyes. The main reason
for getting it was that the two CRT types I used before interferred big-time
with my radio. Really caused a racket. I put this one in and it all went away.

I think at that time it cost a hefty $800 or so, but I'll bet they have come
down quite a bit. If you have monitor interferance, I highly recommend
a LCD. Lot of bucks, but can mean the difference between copying
signals and not!!

Don  W6FFH
e-mail w6ffh@aol.com