[WriteLog] Round up logs.

Eddie Schneider edlyn@california.com
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:21:55 -0800

Many of you are probably wondering why after you electronically
submit your log to ARRL HQ, you get a 'nasty' gram from me :-)

Here is how it works.

You submit to RTTYRU@arrl.org. Your message is saved at HQ and
immediately sent to a back up system in W6 and then forwarded to me.
Why me?

I 'volunteered' to check all ARRL RTTY Roundup logs and as far as I
know, this will be the first time that R/up logs will be passed
through a computer log checking programme.

Cabrillo format is the required standard for electronic submissions
to ARRL. For the log checking software to do it's job, the Cabrillo
HEADER and log must meet the Cabrillo standard and the ARRL's rule
requirements.

The log must show the exchange you sent, for each QSO logged.

For non DX stations your log should look like this:

QSO: 28080 RY 2001-01-06 1802 K4WW          599 NV     WA8CLT
599 OH
QSO: 28080 RY 2001-01-06 1813 K4WW          599 NV     GU0SUP
599 4

NOTE: Non DX stations show RST and state/province, NOT a serial
number.
USA and Canadian stations should also select the ARRL section or VE
province/territory, when they configure the Cabrillo Header.

For DX stations, your Cabrillo log should look like this:

QSO:  7000 RY 2001-01-06 2219 9A7R          599 0001   NE3H
599 PA

To prevent the robot from blowing a fuse due to the amount of
traffic it is currently handling, would all entrants please review
their logs very carefully and ensure that what they see is either/or
one of the above layouts.
If the appropriate layout is not correct, consult your software
vendor for assistance.

Thanks, Eddie W6/G0AZT.