[WriteLog] AFC question

Richard Elling Richard.Elling@GoldensRule.Com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:33:04 -0800

Bruce Lifter wrote:
> I used the sound card decode on the second radio during the RTTY Roundup. This
> radio was used for most of the S&P contacts. The AFC was always on. Like
> John, I tune with the vertical yellow bars. I found that with the AFC on during
> S&P, the rttyrite window will start copying sooner and you will miss less
> characters. (The AFC chases the signal at the same time you tune.)

OK, I admit that sometimes I forget the RIT is on... and I'm sure I'm
not alone :-)
What I'd like to see is a separate set of lines showing the transmit
frequency
and the option to track the recieve AFC.  This would solve the problem
rather
nicely and I can ignore the RIT for most cases.  I've seen this
somewhere, but
I can't recall where, perhaps TrueTTY?
 -- richard, kb4hb