[WriteLog] CW Interfacing with FT 1000MP Mark V

Jerry Pixton jpixton@shentel.net
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:07:53 +0000

Steve,

See the WriteLog help file under "cw interface". Just takes a small circuit
and breaking the DTR line loose from the MP end of
your cable. I built mine into a small box with a short pigtail with DB9
connector on end (Rxd, Txd and gnd) that goes to MP. The DTR line goes to
the opti and the output goes to an RCA plug (which can be connected to
KEY). I have another DB9 connector on the box for input. The Rxd, Txd and
Ground feed thru the box. That way I can use any old 9 pin serial cable.
And can get at the RTS line later if I want it for PTT (actually I wired it
to another opti but don't use it as Rig control works fine)

Jerry, W6IHG

At 12:32 PM 1/17/01 -0500, you wrote:

>I am using a FT 1000 MP Mark V with WriteLog.  The rig control works
>fantastic through my COM1.  In attempting to send CW generated by the PC, I
>am fumbling around.  It appears I can activate PPT fine with the existing
>COM1 to my CAT on the MP.  Next is activating the MP Keyer from the PC.  I
>have read in the WriteLog help text about building a circuit but that seems
>to be more for controlling the PTT.
>
>I have scanned the reflector history but no luck in finding the needle.  Any
>feedback from those who have set up "PC Generated" CW in WriteLog to my MP
>would be greatly appreciated.
>
>73s de Steve - KT4Q
>sschwab@cdgroup.com
>

>--