[WriteLog] no packet spots?

Jerry Pixton jpixton@shentel.net
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:51:40 +0000

All,

I tried out  the Packet View window and the Packet Spot window yesterday.
This used to work last year and many versions ago.

I have one computer running Writelog and a packet window listening to our
DX cluster repeater on VHF (not connected however, just receiving). On my
main computer, running Writelog and RTTY, I can connect to my LAN, bring up
a Packet View window, select local network on the menu, and I see all the
cluster traffic. But then when I bring up the Packet Spot window, leaving
it set at All Bands, I get nothing. No spots. Nada.

What did I forget to do? I did this hurriedly yesterday during all the rare
DX mayhem trying to see what everyone was calling. All this same setup
worked last fall but I don't use it so haven't tried it out in several
versions. I am running Writelog 22B. Do I need to be connected to the
cluster to filter out all the extraneous traffic?  Writelog used to filter
this fine.

I WILL get this station running properly this year.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
http://www.pixos.com/designs/
jpixton@shentel.net