WriteLog/Rttyrite CQWW Logs via e-mail

Ron Stailey, K5DJ Ron-Stailey@easy.com

Several of you have ask how to send CQWW Logs using Writelog via e-mail.

With WriteLog running and CQWW97 Log on the screen..

1. Click File (Where the log is.)
2. Click Save As, (At the bottom of this window click the arrow in File Type,
   Click on File version of print chronological (TXT), In the File Name
   window you will see CQWW97.TXT, If that's the name of your file) Click OK..

The above just created a CQWW97.TXT and a CQWW97.DUP files. Or what ever you
named the file.

3. I need both the CQWW97.TXT and CQWW97.DUP (These files are under
   C:\ Ham\Contest. I need both of these files Zipped as (Your call.ZIP).

4. I also need a Summary file, when WriteLog and CQWW running click
   Multipliers in the Logging Window, click score, click Create Summary
   Sheet, click OK.  Name it something like CQWW97.RTF.  This one you can
   Drag and Drop to an E-Mail. It had your Summary sheet and below that
   you have your Band Summary, Zones, Countries, States etc..

5. Drag and Drop your Summary sheet to an e-mail, then attach CQWW97.TXT
   and CQWW97.DUP.. Or you can Zip both CQWW97.TXT/.DUP sheets.. If you
   do Zip both of them PSE name it YourCall.ZIP...

If you want to look at your log before you send it do this.  From DOS C:\
Type notepad CQWW97.TXT or CQWW97.DUP a window will come up click OK you log
or Dupe Sheet will appear..

If by chance all the calls don't line up do the following:

  Press CTRL-A (Hi-Lights All Calls)
  Click Format, Click Font, Click Courier New, Click Regular, Click 9,
  Click OK.. You can now click anywhere on screen to get rid if the
  Hi-Lighting and your all done..

  If your wondering what the numbers beside the calls are it's the time you
  worked each station.. It make it easy for you to check your log and for
  a log checker to check your log... :-)

  If you want a hard copy of what your going to send in make sure you print
  it in Landscape.. The summary sheet is fine in Portrait...

  If this sounds complicated, after just 2 contest you can do it in your
  sleep. :-)

   See all of you in JARTS test,

     73, de Ron K5DJ