[WriteLog] Computer???

Jim Brannigan jbrannig@optonline.net
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:37:57 -0400

Ted,
It is a buyers market in computers.  I have had good luck with DELL.  I
replaced my P-75 with an 866Mhz. Dell
Your new computer will arrive with Windows ME and one com port.....
DOS is not dead, but almost so.....so plan on Windows based logging
programs.  PCI com ports are difficult to get working so USB com ports are
the order of the day.  There has been much discussion about sound cards, see
the archives.  The "stock" sound card should serve most of your needs.  As
with all things, there is a learning curve, but the results are well worth
it.

Jim