[WriteLog] ini setings for LPT keying

Jon Harder jon@praxisworks.org
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 21:54:38 -0000

Frank --

Have you read the CW Interfacing and Setup CW PTT sections of the Help file?
This might give you what you're looking for better than my answer did.  But
let's see if this will help --

>>So, I understand that I need to click "ok" instead of "save
configuration."n

Not quite.  You first click on OK to exit Setup | Ports.  Then, to get the
setup to come back up each time you start the program you MUST also then
pull down Setup and click on Save Configuration.  Without doing that you get
the very situation you described in your original post where you have to go

>>> setup | ports, clicking the LPT1 button and "computer generated," each
>>> time I start a CW log.

As you added:

> Keep in mind also that everything works fine in
> DX4WIN--I just have to fiddle with things before keying starts to work in
> WriteLog.

We want to spare you having to do this - hence the "Save Configuration"
step.

Your next question was:

>But what does "command rig from com port" have to do with it?  rig control
>is working fine.

I now realize you are using full QSK with your other software.  You might
try using semi - break-in just to get things going reliably with WL.

You get to this point via the _CWPTT_  button in Setup | Ports.  That opens
the dialog box to select how you want the PTT to operate to begin keying, or
even QSK if you can get it to work. (I couldn't.) .  The method I described
switches the rig from RX to TX and back using a fast PTT command via the rig
control port, and no other port or relay is needed.  This happens so fast
I've not felt the need to use QSK, and rig control PTT is a simple solution
to rig selection with two radios.

> Now, on the IC-765, I don't think I can disable the VOX.  Both the VOX,
and
> full break-in buttons on the radio's front panel need to be depressed for
> full break in to operate

Perhaps someone who has this going with a 765 could describe the method.  My
twin Kenwood setup with a TS-850 and 570DG uses the PTT command via each
rig's  control port to provide semi-break-in in WL for operating  SO2R with
two entry windows.  That way the radio to transmit is individually selected
via PTT, and the other one stays in RX mode.

73,

Jon         K1US

> So, I understand that I need to click "ok" instead of "save
configuration."n
> But what does "command rig from com port" have to do with it?  rig control
> is working fine.
>
> Now, on the IC-765, I don't think I can disable the VOX.  Both the VOX,
and
> full break-in buttons on the radio's front panel need to be depressed for
> full break in to operate.  Keep in mind also that everything works fine in
> DX4WIN--I just have to fiddle with things before keying starts to work in
> WriteLog.
>
> 73,
> Frank

Ports,)