[WriteLog] Network Time Synchronization

Jim Smith jimsmith@home.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:06:05 -0700

George

I use Dimension4 to get the time from NIST in Boulder.  You can
find it at http://www.thinkman.com/.  I run it on all the
computers on the LAN.  Don't need to set up any servers, etc.
which means less time learning computer stuff and more time
hamming!

The network at the moment consists of 2 computers connected to a
Linksys 10/100 router which in turn is connected to the cable
modem.  This means any computer on the LAN has net access, even if
it is the only computer that is turned on.  i.e. no need for a
computer to be on all the time running a DHCP server.  Router also
functions as a hardware firewall.

If you want more info let me know.  It will be a week before I can
reply, though.

73 de Jim Smith	VE7FO