[WriteLog] Still haveing trouble saving configuration

FireBrick FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:34:27 -0500

If I set up my ports thusly:
com2 checked for cw
com7 checked for rig, yaesu ft1kmp, auto poll checked, comm ptt yes
dvk type is Windows soundboard
cw keyer is PC generates
All mode PTT is checked on rts

Now when I click on OK, the setup screen will close, the rig will key and I
have to hit escape to stop it. and the band map window will close.
Now I do a Save configuration.
If I reopen the Port setup window at this time my settings will still be in
place.
Now I do a File Save
Now exit.
Upon restarting WL and the recently used contest name I just saved, I will
find the ports settings are empty.

Now once in a while it works, the settings are saved and there when I reopen
the contest file. And I can go along make contacts, do a File Save and close
WL.
But you would think that if they would be still there, nope, gone now.

I've included the section of my .ini, maybe someone can see a problem I
don't see.

[Ports]
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM3:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM4:=9600,n,8,1,x
CommSlot3=6
CommSlot4=7
LPT1=0x378
LPT2=0x0
LPT3=0x0
dvktype=3
dvkport=4
cwtype=2
cwport=1
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=1
Comm2XmitControl=ALWAYS
COM5:=9600,n,8,1,x
CWPTTCONTROL=1
CWPTTDELAY=10
Comm4XmitControl=ALWAYS
COM6:=9600,n,8,1,
Comm7XmitControl=ALWAYS
COM7:=4800,n,8,2,
Comm7RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm2RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm2Used=CW,
Comm7Used=USED,POLL,18

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com