[WriteLog] Update 10.27G (and MMTTY support in RttyRite!)

Ken K7ZUM k7zum@teleport.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:17:55 -0700

I'd like to know what kind of sound cards you guys are using to
get such great results from Writelog RTTY receiver, as I ended up
using the Writelog RTTY receiver this weekend, and as I remember
from the last time I used it, I had a heck of a time with polar
flutter this weekend !!  even thought signals were fairly strong
! ( and btw, I'am in Oregon, so there is lots and lots of polar
flutter from here !) I would have use my PK-232 DSP, but it broke
last weekend, but I do remember it copying flutter and weak
signals much better than Writelog RTTY,  so what you guys think
??? crummy sound card ??
and here I was thinking of picking up a DXP-38 or a P-38 card

73..... Ken..... K7ZUM

> I have not directly compared the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog
against
> my DXP-38 or the standard WriteLog RTTY receiver but I am
willing
> to bet that if MMTTY is not consistently better, then it's
going to be close.

> I had MMTTY running next to my PK232 and it ran circles around
> the PK232 and I could tell a BIG difference.  I've always run
> this PK232 against the standard WriteLog RTTY Receiver and the
> RTTY receiver was always "a little" better but not as good as
the PK232
> on fluttery signals over the pole even with Wideband Decode on.
>
> On the other radio/computer, I've been running the DXP-38
against the
> WriteLog RTTY Receiver and the DXP-38 is better but not by a
lot.  It
> is noticeable.  (I run two RTTY screens from each radio on each
computer).

> From what I have seen in both the NAQP RTTY and this weekend's
> Russian RTTY contest, I am going out on a limb and saying that
I think
> MMTTY will prove to be consistently better that the DXP-38,
PK232
> and WriteLog's RTTY Receiver.  I'm that impressed - and that is
using
> just the default values and not changing anything in MMTTY.
Only more
> testing will tell for sure.  Stay tuned...
>
> 73, Don AA5AU

RttyRite!)

> > JIm,
> > I can answer part of your question. I have a P-38, and it's
about
> > equivalent to Writelog's RTTY routine.
> > Barry
> >
> > On 29 Jul 01, Jim McDonald wrote:
> >

> > > And how are both compared to a HAL P-38 or DXP-38?
> > >
> > > Jim N7US

Ron.

MMTTY
We are