[WriteLog] W5XD+ Keyer Problem.

AD6E@aol.com AD6E@aol.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:40:30 EDT

This is true Marty!

WPX CW was my first attempt at SO2R. I took it easy and only made about 50
QSOs on the second radio out of about 1300. However, I did notice this
problem and I think it's serious. When CQing on the run radio, I had to enter
S&P calls on the "run" data entry field. If I tried to enter calls from the
2nd radio into the 2nd radio call field, the CQ would stop immediately. If I
found someone to call on the 2nd radio I had to re-type it into the other
radio call field. This doesn't make any sense to me.

I've thought about this a little and there seems to be a catch-22. The
up/down arrow keys determine which radio is the "focus". Thats cool, but you
can only type input to the "focus" call field. What we need is a separate hot
key to toggle the curser into the call field of the "non-focus" radio for S&P
purposes. Keep the non-focus data entry fields grey, but allow calls to be
checked for dupe/mult.

For a hot key suggestion, I'd recommend using the period or comma key. It
needs to be something quick and easy. Please .. no mouse movements!!

73, Al  AD6E