[WriteLog] re: Writelog/Icom Interface

Roger Parsons ve3zi@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:40:14 -0000

Sorry guys. I'm obviously not making myself clear!

I agree that using one or more radios linked to Writelog is really easy.
Just get the right rig address and interface parameters and everything works
perfectly first time.

But that's not what I'm trying to do. The CI-V command structure is:
$FE $FE to-adr fm-adr Cmd(s) $FD. In the case of Writelog the to-adr is the
rig address. Writelog tells the rig to do something and the rig then replies
using the same format.

I am busily building a remote controlled transmitter linked by simplex UHF
radio to the home shack. Because there are significant delays involved with
simplex transmission I cannot just tie the remote radio to Writelog, but
need a micro-controller at each end of the link. So Writelog will talk to
the micro and think it's a radio. The micro then relays the information to
the remote radio, etc. So I need to know the address that Writelog uses for
itself. I also use 'Logger' for day to day DXing, and that has a base
address of E0. It would be nice if I could make Writelog use the same
address, but it would be quite acceptable if I just know what address to
use.

Thanks again!

73 Roger