Fwd: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R contesting question

Stan Staten n3hs@qsl.net
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:42:05 -0400

To add to his point, when I moved into this house in 1977 I put up a 5-band
trap vertical (10-80) and put untuned ground radials out in 4 directions
for about 20 feet.  I used a 3 foot ground rod at the end of each radial
and an 8 foot rod in the center.  When I was tuning it up, I heard a
british sounding voice and gave him a call after his QSO ended.  He was in
Australia.  Not bad for barefoot with an FT-101 in Maryland.

As a side point, I have been rather disappointed with my R7 mounted about
12 feet high.

73 Stan, N3HS