[WriteLog] No audio question

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 08:01:32 -0500

Setting up new computer -

Sometimes I have it and sometimes not, and I don't see what's going on.
Writelog in RTTY mode, Rttyrite, have spectrum display onscreen with NO
audio.  FSK is selected as the rig's mode.

I have LINE IN selected as the RECORDING choice.  In PLAYBACK choices, I do
NOT have LINE IN muted, and I hear the audio in the speakers.

I have Windows Sound Board selected as the DVK type, and I have Enable
Recording loop checked.

Any common mistakes here that I'm missing?  I had it working last night, but
can't make it work this morning!!

MMTTY and Digipan DO have audio and are working FB, so it has to be a
Writelog setting I'm missing this morning.

BTW, I got the Dell Precision 330 - the one with the integrated sound score
of less than 7f in NZ3O's tests, but I got it with the SoundBlaster Live
Value card installed, and the SoundChecker program does score a 7f !  Any
help to save me some time here would be appreciated!  73