[WriteLog] LSB is really FSK, and Entrgra Serial Hub issues

Don Melcher don@hfradio.com
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:31:50 -0700

Yea - thanks Keith - but already tried that - I think it could be machine
specific as this is on an E-machine, and I have had problems with another
one with USB support.

By the way - the new Xircom single serial adapters - which look just like
the Entrgra, and I think also the new Xircom "Port Station" series - have
drivers have a virtual com port function that lets you fool a specific
program into thinking that i.e.: Com 10 on the USB device is really Com1, or
what ever, for that particular program - works even if another program is
assigned Com 1 - really nice for software that doesn't support more than Com
4.

Another nice thing abt the "Port Station" is that at least up to 2 serial 1
parallel, I have not had to power it from an external source. I work on
cruising boats, and having things powered by AC is an issue - the less the
better.

Don
W6ZO