[WriteLog] Wav file playing(?)

AD6E@aol.com AD6E@aol.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:35:05 EDT

I've had that problem come and go. It's pretty strange.

What I found works; keep the Windows mixer (double click Volume Control) open
in the background. Either the MIC or WAV mixer input gets muted when WL does
something. I havn't figured out exactly what that is. Every time I'd un-mute
the MIC (or WAV) and close VC, WL would fail again. Opening up VC would show
the mute active again. However, if I keep VC running behind WL that doesn't
happen and the wave recording and playback work fine. Strange!

Note that this condition comes and goes. My laptop now seems to work fine
even with VC closed. Last time I tried to use it with the voice keyer, it
failed and I had to keep VC open in the background. I don't claim to
understand any of this. I just happened to discover this little trick by
experimenting (in panic mode).

73 & GL,
Al  AD6E