[WriteLog] Re: 2001 CQ/RJ RTTY WPX UBNs.

Eddie Schneider edlyn@california.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:26:40 -0700

Well now, seeing as Jim went public let me clarify this his
particular 'incident'.

AD1C wrote:
> I too lost a QSO because the other fellow (who has been very
active in
> RTTY contests, just not this time) didn't bother to send in a log.

The other fellow DID submit a log, in fact he sent it twice!
The contact in question was a 'not in the log' problem, NOT a so
called 'unique' problem.
The other fellow appears correctly in numerous other logs.
The other fellow failed to change bands in his software and logged
AD1C on 20m instead of 80m.

Now, tell me that this particular contact is valid and I'll go to
the foot of my stairs.

> * Penalizing a log because the unique call CAN be proven WRONG is
fair.

You beat your sweet bippy. (copyright Rowan and Martin's laugh-in).

> * Penalizing a log because a unique call couldn't be proven
CORRECT is
> NOT fair.

That depends.  e.g. FK8VHN or FK8HVN, which one is correct and
participated in the contest?
How come some stations with 1100+ Qs do not have a single 'unique'.
Answers on a post card please :-)

I thought the idea of giving contestants the privelege, not a God
given right, to view their UBNs, was to assist them in taking MORE
care when copying and logging call signs, rather than bickering
about one Q lost here, another Q lost there.

NO ONE in CQWW RTTY or CQWW WPX, lost a postion in their category
placings.

Eddie W6/G0AZT