[WriteLog] F Key set up - What will U use?

George Johnson w1zt@mediaone.net
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:59:15 -0400

Phil,
We will be a small 4 person 1A operation this year and will use WL on CW and
SSB.  We will also have a second computer running on a network, as a backup,
to get us experienced with any RFI etc as we grow towards setting up a
second station etc.

Many of us started computer logging with CT so use F1 as the "CQ key"

Our setup will be:
F1:  CQ FD de K1EO K1EO  (listed as F11 in WriteLog)
F2:  %D %BQSO B4%B1A EMA
F3:  TU QRZ K1EO
F4:  K1EO
F5: %C
F6: ?
F7: 1A EMA
F8: 1A
F9: EMA

If we are running, a typical sequence when someone answers our CQ: F2,
record the exchange, F3, then enter the log info.

Search & pounce: F4, receive/record the exchange, then enter the log info.
The keys are labeled above the F keys with cut out post it note labels.  A
similar format is used to record info for the SSB DVK function for each
operator using their callsign.  (the word "again?" is used for the ? F6
message in SSB)

We always have new operators so simple is best.  Many just use F1 for CQ and
manually send or say the other stuff :-)

73 and GL, George .. W1ZT