[WriteLog] F Key set up - What will U use?

AD6E@aol.com AD6E@aol.com
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:32:29 EDT

Interesting!  At W6YL where there were a bunch of newbie contesters so I set
up the F keys as follows:

F1 help with note to hit ESC if accidently pushed
F2 short CQ        CQ FD W6YL
F3 long CQ         CQ CQ FD W6YL W6YL
F4 me                W6YL
F5 him               %C
F6 exchange       2A EB
F7 QRZ              QRZ W6YL
F8 sewcction?    QTH?
F9 call?              CL?
F10 Huh?            ?
F11 Tnx              TU W6YL

This seemed to work fine. Note each memory includes one space at the end.
Then you can hit F5 then immediately F6 and it all sounds right.

Voice wave files followed the same labels, but only really needed two CQs.

73, Al AD6E

In a message dated 6/23/01 02:00:08 Greenwich Standard Time,