[WriteLog] Contest Reports

RCARIELLO RCARIELLO@si.rr.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:15:14 +0100

Used Writelog for the first time for the ARRL Field Day event. The program
ran very smooth even with five guys takeing a turn at the station. We ran 1D
from the house with the amp going full time.
The computer hung up once which required a reboot. None of the contacts were
lost i am very happy to report. We did 1401 contacts in the 24 hours  both
CW and SSB. Being our first contest with this program and seeing first hand
how it works we are starting to relax and thinkig about doing some big
contests with it.

Now some questions and comments:
There isn't a band change timer so you have to watch the clock.
In D class for Field Day working another D class is no score. I had to go
into the log and mark each as uncounted.
The summery sheet Total dose not reflect a corrected score haveing to do
with the uncounted QSO's.
The Dupe Sheet statement at the end of each page makes no sence and the
Dupes count seems to be encluding the uncounted QSO's.

Well thats about it for now. All in all I'm looking foward to useing
Writelog and realy getting into what it can do.
Rich/aa2mf