[WriteLog] Bad band decoder output from W5XD+ keyer?

Dan Levin djl@andlev.com
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 16:16:15 -0800

I am running a W5XD+ keyer and two homebrew band decoders driving two ICE
419A autoswitching bandpass filters.  Since I use Kenwood radios, I rely on
the keyer to output band information.

I notice that when I hit <cr> to log a QSO, the keyer appears to momentarily
set the antenna relay info on the output of the parallel port to 10 meters
no matter what band the radio is actually on.  The filter switches to the 10
meter position for about 200 milliseconds, which causes a 40 db drop in
receive if I'm not on 10 meters, which is unacceptable.

Has anyone else seen this, or understand it, or know how to fix it?  Does it
happen with the Top Ten decoders?

Thanks much!

            ***dan, K6IF