[WriteLog] Importing from spreadsheet

Jim Smith jimsmith@home.com
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 01:58:36 -0800

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this list.  I bought WL just before the last WPX RTTY.
I wasn't able to figure it out in time for the start of the 'test so I
used MMTTY for the first part.  Part way thru, I got WL figured out and
switched to it.  Before using it I imported the MMTTY log data so I
wouldn't mess up the serial numbers.  This all worked fine except that
MMTTY combines the RST & Serial # fields into one.  e.g. 59928 or 599807
while WL separates them into 2 fields.  When I imported the MMTTY Qs the
RSTs showed up in WL but the (somewhat more important) Serial #s  didn't
come through.  So now I have 139 Qs in WL with no Serial #s.  I dumped
the MMTTY log data and the WL log data into Excel, did a little work on
the data and now have a complete log in Excel.

My question is, "How do I get the Excel data back into a  new WL log so
I can create a Cabrillo file for submission?"

A better question might be, "How can I combine the MMTTY data and the WL
data into a Cabrillo file for submission?"

I'm quite comfortable with Excel and Access.

TIA for your help and 73

Jim	VE7FO