[WriteLog] writelog & packet

Tadej Mezek s51ta@email.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 04:21:05 -0500 (EST)

Hello!

I'm satisfied with the program but (there is always a but) I have a question/problem.

My TNC is connected to serial port. But it runs in KISS mode, not in HOST (WA8DED) as Writelog requires. With other programs I
load TFPCX (for DOS) and Flexnet (for Windows) and everything is
fine. I suspect that Writelog doesn't support such modes.

Is there a possibility that this can be implemented in program?
Is there another solution? Can maybe program like DXtelnet
connect to a KISS TNC (over Flexnet maybe) and the DXtelnet
can send spots to Writelog? Anything?

As internet access is not for free in Europe I think a lot
of people use packet network to receive dx spots. Otherwise telnet function in Writelog is very useful.

73
Ted, S51TA