[WriteLog] two questions please

JDY18@aol.com JDY18@aol.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:47:12 EST

In between traveling to a wedding yesterday and today, I managed to work 265
contacts in the CQWPX. This was the second contest worked using WriteLog, and
it really worked great. It was esp. fun after waiting 2 months to get the
FT990 back from Yaesu, to get some power surge damage repaired. Anyway, I
have two questions:

1. I found that when I started the program, I was getting gibberish in my
packet window. I'm using a Kam-Plus. I had to go into another program to
reset the terminal mode, and then come back to WR. I understood that WR
always uses terminal mode, so I'm wondering if there is something in the .ini
file that might be causing this?

2. I'm wondering if there is a utility program to translate my WR log to
DX4Win format. I remember there was such a program for the ARRL RTTY Roundup.

thanks and 73 de Jay,
W2KD