[WriteLog] Bug in Naming the Cabrillo File

Marty Tippin martyt@pobox.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:23:31 -0600

When I go to Contest | Cabrillo File... to save the log in Cabrillo format
(in this case for the WPX SSB contest, although I doubt it matters),
Writelog conveniently ignores the filename I told it to use and instead
uses the original filename it suggested (i.e. NW0L.log), giving no warning
that it's about to overwrite an existing file of the same name.

Not a big deal in most cases, except when one has spent a couple of hours
with the WT4I software cleaning up a log and wants to make a few checks
against the original log file... All that work is lost so I know what I'll
be doing the rest of the evening...

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com