[WriteLog] Writelog and FT-920

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Wed, 23 May 2001 15:56:53 -0500

What type of cable are you using between the computer and rig - straight or
crossed, and what does the 920 manual recommend?  The 1000MP uses a straight
cable.  What you described sounds OK to me.  4800-n-8-2 is what Yaesu uses,
but it works even if you have some other location set differently...  I
can't remember exactly now from work, but I know it works even if
Writelog.ini is set to 9600-n-8-1...!  Maybe it's the Windows com setting
that has to be exactly right, eg 4800-n-8-2...??

Wayne has said previously that Writelog controls this, not the Windows
settings.  However, I know mine works even if the Writelog ini file setup
says 9600-n-8-1!  It seems like Writelog can figure it out from the Port
Setup's AUTO setting no matter what you have in Windows or the ini file!
;-)

Let us know...  Check which cable you have...  GL - 73