[WriteLog] DTR high after Windows ME startup - Reply from Micro$oft

Walt Flesher w6sa@pacbell.net
Fri, 25 May 2001 10:56:44 -0700

Hello Walt,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

The patch you are referring to is labeled a hot fix which means it is
not fully regression tested. To ensure it will resolve your issue, our
support professionals will only release the file to you after they have
determined it will resolve your issue.

To consult with a support professional via the phone to receive the fix,
please contact the appropriate phone number on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/support/supportnet/overview/overview.asp

To consult with a support professional via email about receiving this
fix, you can submit a standard support issue by sending an e-mail
message to msupport@microsoft.com with the following information:

* Knowledge Base article number you are referencing:

* Product name and version

* Operating system and version # (for example: Windows 98)

* Memory (RAM)

* CPU type and speed

* Error messages (if any)

* Specifics of the problem

* File Name(s), and passwords, as applicable

* Contact information (name, telephone number, e-mail address)

If you have any additional questions, please let us know by replying to
this message.

Thank you,

Judy
Microsoft Online Customer Representative

Does anyone have a copy they can make available?  I would pursue it but I
cannot use writelog to control my present rig.  I expect to face this
problem once I upgrade to newer equipment.

73,

Walt Flesher, W6SA
w6sa@pacbell.net