[WriteLog] Writelog Packet error message

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd@writelog.com
Sun, 27 May 2001 17:31:53 -0000

Something is not installed properly.

The following advice applies to lots of problems where WL puts
up "obscure" error messages. Those messages are obscure because
the only people that get them are ones with certain kinds of
installation problems.

Its simpler if WL has the problem: First try running
the comreg.exe file in WL's \programs directory.
If that won't fix the problem, try re-installing the
lastest FULL version you have, followed by the lated UPGrade
version you have. If that doesn't fix it, then ask K5DJ how
to download the the latest FULL version your registration code
allows, and install that.

If that doesn't work, then re-install the Windows version
you are using. It is usually good enough to do the reinstall
back into the same directory its already installed. This
generally causes the Windows installer to preserve all your
current settings, but I can't guarantee that. There are far
more versions of Windows around these days than I can keep
track of. I am just describing what has happened when I
have re-installed. Also, I have never seen the "member not
found" problem on Windows NT or 2000--which behaves quite
differently from the Windows 95/98 installers I have seen,
but maybe I've seen the problem there less often
 only be because there are so many fewer hams
running those OS's.

Wayne, W5XD