[WriteLog] Cut Nembers

Jim Brannigan jbrannig@optonline.net
Tue, 29 May 2001 21:45:07 -0400

My 2 cents

It depends......5NN is universal...
Full numbers should be sent during Sweepstakes.
If your are running a freq. and have a good signal, cut numbers move it
along, if condx are marginal, cut numbers (at 45wpm) cause repeats or better
yet, I listen for the next QSO minus 1, but after 5 CQ's wid no listening I
hit the delete key and move on.
This weekend I operated the WPX in casual mode(regular logging program and
keyer, 100W).  When everyone else is sending 1,000 plus serial numbers, I
send DAH DAH ONE, etc.  to get attention for the low number. Well, as I got
up in numbers, the repeats increased ( I was looking for the cable for the
bug so I could send the L O N G    D A H ) and finally sent 012, instead of
DAH 12.

The moral of the tale is to adapt to conditions.

The next contest is VHF....Auroral, E bursts are short.....identify often!

73, Jim