Fwd: [[WriteLog] WinXP and WriteLog]

Duane Calvin ac5aa@usa.net
3 Nov 2001 00:47:28 CST

------NetAddressPart-00--=_cgvC0272S086c8675bb

I think I found the problem.  I was suspicious it was related to one of t=
he
ports which have caused problems in Win2000/XP.  Since the CW port was se=
t up
for LPT1, figured I'd start there.  (COM ports "should" work, but some
applications are badly behaved.)  Searching components, finally found
Writelog.ini in the Windows folder and zero'ed the CWTYPE and CWPORT
parameters.  Now Writelog starts without error.  Whew.  =

Based on the above, if you are planning to migrate from one of the Win95/=
98/ME
products to WinXP (or 2000), be sure to set the configuration within Writ=
eLog
to disable the CW LPT port (and maybe the COM ports, for good measure) un=
til
the move is complete.  Then you can go back in and turn them on one at a =
time
until everything is checked out.  Just a suggestion - this one cost me a
couple of hours of chasing to discover it.

GL and 73,
   Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas