[WriteLog] W5XD+ keyer in other loggers?

George Skoubis george.skoubis@verizon.net
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:31:27 -0600

Clive (and anyone else bemoaning the lack of their favorite contest module),

  I don't mean to be a smart-alec, but if you have the ability to compile
the keyer drivers in C++ why don't you develop the contest modules for the
contests you wish to operate?

  I promised my xyl no extra programming until I get my programming degree
(I'm already working full-time as a programmer and we have two young
children), but I plan on writing modules for contests I'm interested  in
after I graduate...

  I've seen a few guys post their modules on the reflector, I'm sure you
could get a little help if you hit a stumbling block...

Good luck with whichever route you decide to take,

George / KF9YR

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Clive Whelan
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 5:53 PM
To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD+ keyer in other loggers?

Hi

Unfortunately I am unable to complete the migration to WL, since
it does not yet support sufficient contests. Thus I must revisit
( e.g.) TR for this purpose. However then I am without the SO2R
support offered by the W5XD box.

Is there some way that these facilities can be utilised outside
WL? In particular I ponder how the key signal is enabled via the
selected COM port, in my case COM1 doubling up for control on
Radio A. Is this perhaps via an A/B signal from WL, not
supported by other progs.?

Also I am aware that driver routines in C++ are provided for the
keyer. Is it possible to compile these routines as a DLL, and
bolt on e.g. to another Windows prog. like N1MM if not for the
DOS progs.

Advice appreciated.
GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org